Welcome back to school! THANK YOU to the 931 families district-wide who have already made their commitment to the 2010 Annual Campaign. Your generous contributions will help us preserve the following important programs for our students at Edna Maguire School.
• Art with Jackie LaLanne, Amy Faulkner, and Katie Mostert
• K-3rd Grade Music with Nora Thomas
• 4th -5th Grade Music with Anna Stearns
• 3rd & 4th Grade Chorus with Nora Thomas
• 5th Grade Chorus with Jessica Stewart
• 5th Grade Band with Cayce Carnahan
• 4th & 5th Grade Orchestra with Phoebe Dong
• K, 4th & 5th Grade Dance with Alan Scofield
• Poetry Specialists in 1st, 3rd, 4th & 5th grades
• Drama in 2nd & 5th grade
• Library Aide
• Classroom Aides in multiple rooms
• School Technology Specialists
• Mobile Laptop Carts
• Art and music supplies
• Teacher Mini-Grants
With increasing enrollment, cuts in state funding and declining property taxes, Kiddo! is committed to picking up an additional $300,000 with an Annual Campaign goal of nearly $2 million. Currently, our family participation rate is less than 50% which means that more than 1,000 families have not yet made their Kiddo! donation for this school year. To reach our goal and maintain our arts programs and current levels of library and aides as well as technology support, we need everyone's
support! So please make your donation today. The recommended donation is $950 or more per student.
Contributions at all levels are appreciated -- our goal is 100% family participation
. Donate online at www.kiddo.org
, mail your contribution to Kiddo!, 409 Sycamore Ave., Mill Valley, 94941, or call the Kiddo! office at 389-7789 to arrange for an installment plan that meets your family's needs. Thank you for helping Mill Valley kids reach their full potential!
Kiddo! Business Campaign.
Are you a parent with a local business? Support our schools and get valuable exposure for your business by becoming a Business Partner. You can sponsor your child's classroom, or be a school or district-wide sponsor. Contact Business Campaign chairperson Becky Houha ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details or call the Kiddo! office: 389-7792. And if you've found a new store in town or have a favorite business that you think would make a good partner, drop Becky a line with the name of the business and a contact name. Please also contact Becky if you'd like to help solicit business partners. Forms for Business Partnerships are available on the Kiddo! Website
Sign-up for our Monthly Online Kiddo! Newsletter! Keep up to date on all the current Kiddo! news and events. Each issue includes useful information about our Annual and Business Partner Campaigns as well as Kiddo!-related fundraising events, classroom performances and exhibitions. And of course, lots of cute photos of MVSD students in Kiddo! sponsored activities. Visit our website to see issues from 2009-10.
If you would like to be added to our Kiddo! e-mail or regular mailing distribution lists, please send your contact information to: email@example.com. And if you have photos of Kiddo! related events & activities to share in our newsletter or to post to our online gallery, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mill Valley Fall Arts Festival. Don't miss the Mill Valley Arts Festival in Old Mill Park, September 25 and 26. Be sure to stop by the Kiddo! booth for coffee, yummy baked goods, pizza and snacks. If you'd like to volunteer to work at the booth, email Kiddo! volunteer coordinator, Wendy Johnson email@example.com or call her at 531-5311.
Shop for the Arts in our Schools
• Last year Kiddo! and Mill Valley Schools received nearly $65,000 from eScrip contributions.
• This program costs you nothing! If you are already signed up, you must renew your grocery loyalty cards (like Safeway) and update your credit and debit card information by October 31st in order for your purchases to continue generating rebates.
• What can YOU do? Fill out the bright green 2010 Shop-4-Kids Sign-Up & Renewal Form that is in your first day packets and is available at your school's front office. Return it to the Kiddo! office or go on line at eScrip.com to enroll or update your information.
• Our goal is 100% parent participation. Remember that grandparents, relatives and friends can also register with eScrip.
We encourage supporting local businesses, but sometimes online is the way to go. Kiddo! has partnered with Amazon at www.shopkiddo.org
. When you shop Amazon (and its many partners) through this site, Kiddo! will receive between 4% and 15% of your total purchase. WOW!
Additional Online Opportunities
Many online shopping portals will rebate a portion (typically 1%-4%) to Kiddo! Just log on to www.eScrip.com
for the eScrip online mall, www.onecause.com
and designate Kiddo! (Mill Valley Schools Community Foundation) before you shop at one of over 800 online merchants. You can also earn dollars for Kiddo! by searching the Internet using Goodsearch. Go to www.goodsearch.com
and select Kiddo! as your organization. You'll earn a penny for Kiddo! every search. And every penny counts! Please call Patty Flax at the Kiddo office 389-7792 with any questions.
Posted by Tim Schultz on September 13